Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to strip wallpaper.
1 Roll scoring tool over the entire wallpapered area.
2 Mix liquid wallpaper stripper with hot water in a garden sprayer.
3 Use garden sprayer to apply wallpaper stripper to wall.
4 Scrape softened wallpaper from wall with putty knife or paint scraper.
5 Use electric steamer to remove stubborn wallpaper.
6 After initial scraping and steaming, spray wall again with stripper.
7 Scrape away last bits of wallpaper with putty knife or paint scraper.
8 Scrub wall clean using coarse scrubber pad and clean water.
9 Use scraper to remove softened glue residue from clean wall.
10 Let wall dry, then apply new wallpaper, or one primer coat followed by two paint topcoats.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades