Ron Hazelton shows the most secure way to hang heavy mirrors or art on plaster walls using toggle bolts. Attach a sturdy hanging wire to the piece if necessary. Draw a level line on the wall where the top of the piece will go. Stretch the hanging wire taut and measure the distance between the wire and the top of the frame. A two-bolt system will keep the piece level. Drill two holes this distance below the wall line. Using masking tape prevents the plaster from chipping. Fold the toggle wings and insert the bolts, then tighten. Hang the piece on the hooks, then enjoy.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades