Ron Hazelton shows a great way to bring the outdoors indoors with a garden window. First remove the existing window. Pry off the exterior trim and remove the old window framing. Build a new frame for the new window with 2x4's and shims. Trim away any exterior siding if necessary. Use waterproof flashing paper and caulk to make the new window watertight. Install the new window into the frame with rust-resistant screws. Add another run of caulk, then trim off the excess flashing paper. Use another run of caulk under the new exterior trim, then enjoy your new plants.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades