Concrete decor has been popular as of late, and the newest trend is dinnerware. At the London Design Festival last week, designer Vidó Nóri debuted a gorgeous new collection of geometric serving trays and bowls.
There's no arguing that they look incredible, but this particular set will run you $20-80 per piece, which adds up quite a bit. If you don't want to spend that much cash, it's really simple to make your own elegant-looking concrete cheeseboard.
Rebecca on A Daily Something made this beautiful minimalist cheeseboard with only a few simple materials:
- Concrete mix
- Plastic bucket (for mixing)
- Stirring utensil
- Plastic mold
The process couldn't be much easier. Coat the inside of the mold with cooking oil so it doesn't stick, then mix up your concrete. Once it's smooth, pour it into the mold and let it set on a level surface until dry. When you turn the mold upside down, the board should just pop right out.
You can sand the edges if they're a little rough, and if you want to be sure your board is safe to eat off of, you'll want to lightly coat it in a food-safe wax like carnauba or beeswax. You can also look for a concrete sealer made for countertops.
Serving Platter Image via Gawker Assets, all other images via Rebecca/A Daily Something
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades