There are tons of materials you can use to make your own coasters, from wine corks to old magazines, but something as basic as concrete can look surprisingly sleek. These DIY concrete coasters by Blair over on Man Made DIY look great and are super cheap and easy to make.
All you need is a box of quick set concrete, some plastic cups, sandpaper, and felt if you want to line the bottoms. The process is simple—just mix up the concrete in the cups, let it set, remove it, and sand down any rough edges.
If you want to add felt to the bottom, let them dry overnight, then just trace and cut out circles the same size as your coasters. The easiest way to do it is to buy self-adhesive felt, but regular felt and glue will work just as well.
Check out Blair's tutorial for more details and photos of the process.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades