The hardest part of stripping off old paint and varnish is getting all of the residual residue out of the details such as the panels and the raised or indented parts of the piece you are working on. You can make the job a lot easier by using the right tools. Use a small bristle brass brush to get into crevices and cracks. Brass is good because the brass bristles are softer and won't scratch the piece you are working on. Next take a piece of dowel and sharpen it in a pencil sharpener. The sharp point is useful for getting into more of the cracks and crevices. Finally you can use some kitty liter. Put the kitty liter on the piece and brush it around. It is very absorbent and will absorb a lot of the excess stripper and loose paint and varnish off of the piece. Then all you have to do is vacuum or brush the kitty litter away and you are all done.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades