Tim Carter demonstrates a few simple tricks when using paint rollers. Tim Carter also talks about putting the right amount of paint on a wall surface. These interior painting techniques will help with that professional finish.
To get professional painting results, before you get out the paint roller, there are some interior painting ideas you need to know. First, make sure you put enough paint on the wall. The paint goes from a liquid (in the can) to a solid (on the wall). That means a lot of water evaporates out of the paint. If you do not have enough paint on the wall, you will end up with bare spots. The paint can will indicate how many square feet it will cover. That takes into account the evaporation. Spreading paint too thin will not give you the proper results.
Now that you know how much paint to put on, you have to know how to paint with a roller. The best method is to start rolling paint on sideways, covering a small area. Then, make your finish strokes vertical. When you are finishing, lift the roller gently off the wall.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades