Turn your home or patio into an incandescent flower garden with plain holiday lights and egg cartons.
You Will Need
* Three to four cardboard egg cartons
* A string of holiday lights
* Watercolor paint (optional)
* A pin (optional)
Cut out and discard the row of cups that hold the eggs and save the middle strip of cones that separate the rows of eggs.
Cut the strip into individual cones. There will be five cones per carton of a dozen eggs.
Use watercolors to paint the cardboard cones different colors and let dry.
Make four equally spaced, inch-long slits at the wide end of each cone to form petals.
Use a pin to poke holes into the petals in decorative patterns to allow the light to shine through.
Make a small hole with the scissors into the narrow end of the cup to make a space to thread the light through.
Place one light bulb into each cup – LED bulbs are best – and repeat for a glowing floral, fairy garden.
Fact: The American Eveready Company produced the first set of Christmas lights in 1903.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades