Grace Bonney from Design-Sponge shows how to create a corkboard and tray from sun print fabric (similar to the craft sun print paper, and available at bluesunprints.com). First iron the sun print fabric, far away from a light source. If printing leaves, first flatten them in a book. Arrange the leaves, then put the fabric in the sun for 10-30 minutes. The longer the time, the darker the print will be. Rinse the fabric in water until the water runs clear, then dry the fabric and re-iron. To make a corkboard, get a frame and thin cork drawer liner. Cut the cork drawer liner to fit the frame. Remove the contact paper from the cork and adhere the cork to the back of the frame, or use glue. Use a staple gun or glue to attach the fabric to the cork backing, the put the backing back into the frame. To make a custom tray, apply a thin layer of fabric Mood Podge glue to the inside of the tray with a brush. Cut the fabric to fit the tray, and adhere the fabric to the tray, smoothing out any wrinkles or bubbles. Apply another layer of Mod Podge to the front of the fabric to seal it. Allow the glue to dry in the sun for a few hours. Now you can hang pictures and notes on the wall, and store your keys, change and accessories.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades